This page explains how to configure the prices you charge to your clients for domain registration and associated addons. Instructions for configuring WHMCS to register/renew/transfer domains automatically can be found at Domains Configuration.
Domain pricing is managed via Setup > Products/Services > Domain Pricing. You need to setup all the TLDs you want to offer, their features & pricing.
Adding a New TLD
- The empty last row in the TLDs table is where you add new TLDs to your list
- Begin by entering the TLD including the preceeding . for example ".com", ".net", etc...
- If DNS Management, Email Forwarding or ID Protection is available & should be offered for this TLD check the boxes
- If an EPP code is required for transfers, tick the EPP Code box
- And if you want automatic registration to occur on payment, choose the registrar which should be used in the dropdown (more about this furthur down)
- Then click Save Changes to add
- Once added, you can click the Open Pricing link on the new TLDs row to edit the pricing matrix for the years available on this TLD.
You may have noticed the pricing slab feature, this enables different domain pricing to be specified for different client groups on a per-TLD basis. More information can be found at Client Groups.
- Reordering TLDs is simply a drag & drop process
- Position your mouse over the up/down arrows on the row you want to move, click+hold and then drag up or down
- Once it is where you want it to be, let go of the mouse button to assign it.
Domain Addons - ID Protection, DNS Management & Email Forwarding
These are referred to in WHMCS as Domain Addons. Often not all addons are compatable with all TLDs you offer and so they can be enabled/disabled on a per TLD basis. Their pricing can be configured at the bottom of the Setup > Domain Pricing page, and on this same page you can also specify exactly which extensions each addon is available for using the checkboxes on each TLD row.