KashFlow is an accounting system primarily for UK small businesses but with customers worldwide and this addon module for WHMCS automates the entry of paid invoices into the KashFlow system.
Once installed & configured, the sync process runs as part of the daily cron and creates clients, invoices & transactions in KashFlow to mirror the invoice and transaction records in your WHMCS system.
The KashFlow API requires SOAP is compiled into your server's PHP build. To check if you have this, inside your WHMCS admin area navigate to Utilities > System > PHP Info & if you see no mention of SOAP then you will need to recompile.
Installation can be completed in 4 simple steps:
- Begin by downloading the latest version from http://www.whmcs.com/members/communityaddons.php?action=viewmod&id=125
- Now unzip the files to a folder on your computer
- Next upload the "kashflow" folder from the zip file to the /modules/addons/ directory of WHMCS on your server
- To complete the process, navigate to Setup > Addon Modules within the WHMCS Admin Area and then click the Activate link next to the new KashFlow module
- To configure the module, begin by going to Setup > Addon Modules
- Here you will first be asked to enter your KashFlow Username & Password. Once you have done this click Save Changes
- The API login will then be tested and if there's a problem with the username and/or password you entered an error will be displayed on screen. You need to ensure you have enabled API Access inside your KashFlow account and added your Server IP to the allowed IPs list with them too prior to this.
- If the login was ok, you will see a new selection of fields appear for each of your active payment gateways in WHMCS
- This is where you need to choose the corresponding KashFlow payment method and bank account that transactions for each of the gateways in your WHMCS system should be assigned to when syncing (for more information on this refer to KashFlow's documentation)
- Once you've done that for each payment gateway you have in use, simply save the changes and you're now all set - the first KashFlow syncronisation will run as part of the next daily cron job execution
The Syncing Process
- The sync process will run as part of the daily cron whilever the Enable box is checked - to disable again simply untick the box
- Should any errors occur when sending data to KashFlow, they will be recorded in the Activity Log under the Utilities menu so you should review it periodically to check for any errors
- The first few runs will attempt to sync all existing customers & paid invoices and so may take longer than normal