Version 7.1 Release Notes
Release Type: General Release
Release Date: 14th December 2016
Distribution Types: Full Version Only
|Version||Release Type||Release Date|
|7.1.0||Beta 1||16th November 2016|
|7.1.0||RC 1||30th November 2016|
|7.1.0||GA||14th December 2016|
|7.1.1||TSR||29th December 2016|
|7.1.2||Maintenance||21st February 2017|
Download the latest version of WHMCS from http://download.whmcs.com/
If you are running WHMCS 7.0 or later, you can use the built-in Automatic Update utility.
Simply navigate to Utilities > Update WHMCS to begin the process.
For more information about the Automatic Updater and troubleshooting please refer to http://docs.whmcs.com/Automatic_Updater
- New Daily Cron Notification Format - The WHMCS Daily Cron Notification email format has been changed. The email is now intended to provide a high level overview of the daily cron activities and the new Automation Status feature within the admin interface will allow for reviewing more in depth information for any recent cron run.
- Admin Dashboard Widgets - As part of the Admin Dashboard changes, a new format for dashboard widgets has been introduced. Widgets designed for previous versions of the product are still compatible. New style widgets adhere to the admin role permissions and do not require configuring separately like previous widgets.
- Module Queue - The module queue is a new feature designed to make it easier to track and resolve failed module API commands. Any failed module calls such as new account provisioning attempts, domain registration and renewals, suspensions, terminations and more will be recorded here along with the reason for failure providing you with an interface to review failures and resolve them. For more information, see Module Queue.
- Premium Domains - WHMCS 7.1 introduces support for selling Premium Domains. The selling of Premium Domains requires use of a domain registrar that supports checking the availility of and returning pricing information for Premium Domains. V7.1 introduces this ability to the Enom and ResellerClub domain registrar modules. For more information, please see Premium Domains
- Namespinning with ResellerClub - Domain suggestions are now supported by the ResellerClub and associated domain registrar modules. This can be enabled and configured in Setup > Products & Services > Domain Pricing
- Domain Lookup Provider - The location of the domain lookup provider settings has been moved from General Settings to Setup > Products & Services > Domain Pricing
- Stripe - WHMCS 7.1 introduces an Official Stripe module. For more information, please see the Stripe documentation.
- Cron Logging Changes - The format and quantity of activity log entries relating to the cron have changed.
- Asset & Template Changes - WHMCS 7.1 introduces consolidation and compression of all asset files. The following templates have required changes for this - Six, Standard Cart, Blend and V4. This change reduces the number of external requests on page load leading to improved performance and faster load times. For more information, please see WHMCS 7.1 Asset Changes
- System Cron Input Options - Input options for the System Cron command line script (crons/cron.php), while providing full backwards compatibility, has been improved. Details can be found in the update Crons documentation
- PHP XML Module Requirement - The PHP XML module is now a system requirement. This module usually compiled by default in PHP and in most cases no change will be required. You can confirm that the PHP XML module is compiled and enabled by reviewing the output of Utilities >> System >> PHP Info in the admin area.
WHMCS 7.1 introduces an Official Stripe module. For more information, please see the Stripe documentation.
What if I have an existing Stripe Module? We have tried to make the module a drop in replacement for other third party modules. After upgrading, configure the module in Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways. Once configured, disable the third party module, choosing Stripe as the replacement.
What if my module has the filename "Stripe"? On upgrade, replacement of the third party module will be automatic. Configuration of the module is still required in Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways.
What if the third party module I used before had template changes? With the official WHMCS module, there are no template changes required. Any changes yuou performed when installing any third party modules will need to be reverted.
Can I convert locally stored credit cards to Stripe? Yes. The module supports automatically converting locally stored credit card details into tokens the first time a payment is captured via Stripe.
For a list of changed files and graphical view of the exact changes, please refer to the Github repo's below.
The following link provides a comparison of changes between 7.0.x and 7.1.2: https://github.com/WHMCS/templates-six/compare/v7.0.1-release.1...v7.1.2-release.1
Standard Cart Order Form
The following link provides a comparison of changes between 7.0.x and 7.1.2: https://github.com/WHMCS/orderforms-standard_cart/compare/v7.0.1-release.1...v7.1.2-release.1