- 1 Supported Features
- 2 Setup
- 3 Error Messages
Begin by activating the payment gateway under Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways and choose 2CheckOut from the All Payment Gateways tab.
Once activated, you can then enter the configuration details explained below.
To setup the callback process for 2CheckOut to automatically mark invoices paid, you will need to login to your 2CheckOut account and click the Integrations tab:
- First click Enable INS" and "Enable global URL"
- In the Global URL field, enter the url http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs/modules/gateways/callback/tco.php . Replacing http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs/ with the actual URL of your WHMCS installation.
- Click Update
In order to return clients back to your WHMCS installation after a successful payment you can configure Direct Return within the 2CheckOut control panel:
- Navigate to Integrations
- Under the Redirect URL heading, in the Approved URL field set the URL to
- Be sure to replace http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs/ with the actual URL of your WHMCS installation.
Two checkout styles are made available as part of 2CheckOut configuration:
- Inline Checkout - Inline Checkout is an iframe payment option which displays a secure payment form as an overlay when your client is making payment. This allows for payment to be taken from a client without them leaving your site. WHMCS recommends this checkout style when using 2CheckOut.
- Standard Checkout - Standard Checkout will redirect a client to the 2CheckOut site to make payment before they are redirected back to your site.
If you wish to be able to use the inline, recurring billing and automatic refunds functionality within WHMCS, then you must setup a 2CheckOut API user and enter the details in these fields.
To setup an API user, you will need to first login to your 2CheckOut account and go to Settings > Manage User Access > View Roles > Add Role and ensure enable Manage api access is ticked. You then need to go to Settings > Manage User Access > View Users > Add User and create a new user, assigning it to the role just created. Finally, enter the username & password that you just created into the appropriate API username and API password fields inside WHMCS.
For Security, a secret word is set inside your 2CheckOut account, this must be entered into WHMCS for notifications and client redirects to be successful:
- In your 2Checkout Account Navigate to "Integrations"
- Copy the INS Secret Word displayed or generate a new one
- Paste the INS Secret Word into the Secret Word field of the 2CheckOut configuration within the WHMCS administration.
This option allows you to choose the options your clients have to pay when viewing an invoice, or going through the checkout process. A recurring payment with 2CheckOut is automatically sent when due without the need for the client to login and pay again. No card details are saved in WHMCS when using 2CheckOut.
Offer Recurring & One Time Payments
Allow the choice to your clients by providing both Recurring and One Time Billing options.
Offer Recurring Only
Only provide a recurring button to your clients. The button will only appear when there is a recurring item on the invoice, and when the invoice is not overdue.
Offer One Time Only
Only provide the option for One Time payments to your clients. No automatic recurring payments will be received.
Skip 2CO Fraud Check
Ticking this option will prevent 2Checkout from performing their fraud checks on payments. It can result in faster processing of payments, but may potentially increase your exposure to fraudulent orders and charge-backs.
Should a payment that has been recorded in WHMCS later be determined to be fraudulent, manual action would be required to reverse the payment recorded in WHMCS and suspend any services as appropriate.
Convert To For Processing
This option will only appear in a multi-currency installation. If using the Standard Checkout option, It is very important that this be set to the value of the currency your 2Checkout account is held in.
For example, if your 2Checkout account is held in USD, then the "Convert To For Processing" setting must also be set to USD. If this is not set properly, your payments may fail.
In order to use demo mode, the "Demo Setting" in your 2CheckOut account should be set to "Parameter" under Account > Site Management. Demo mode can then be enabled by ticking the checkbox in WHMCS under Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways.
Please note that when using demo mode, all callbacks from 2CheckOut will fail with the error MD5 Hash Failure if a secret word is specified. This is done intentionally by 2Checkout to protect those who sell digital goods from fraudulent purchases through their demo mode.
In Demo Mode, valid credit card data must be submitted in order to properly perform the request. Credit cards will not be charged during this process.
MD5 Hash Failure
An MD5 Hash Failure error under Billing > Gateway Log indicates that the Secret Word in Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways does not match the Secret Word in the 2CheckOut control panel. Double check your entry is exactly right, and check for any invisible trailing spaces if so.
This error in the Gateway Log indicates that either the secret word, API username, or API password are incorrect. These may be reconfigured at Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways. For further information on this configuration see above.