What is BackupAgent?
BackupAgent was founded in 2005 and is a privately held company with headquarters in Delft, The Netherlands. BackupAgent's cloud backup technology is used by over 400 service providers, hosting companies and telcos in over 50 countries worldwide. BackupAgent was ranked 8th on the Deloitte Fast 50 in 2010, the list of fastest growing technology companies.
They offer a cloud backup platform that allows you to offer a complete data protection solution for your customers. BackupAgent makes integration, management, maintenance and monitoring of this service perfectly easy.
- Multi-Platform: The BackupAgent client software supports backups of Windows, Mac and Linux machines. Windows XP/Vista/7 and Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 are supported. Linux versions such as RedHat, SuSE and Debian are supported, as well as Mac OS X 10.4.10 and higher (Tiger) and Mac OS X 10.5.0 and higher (Leopard).
- Multi-Tenancy: The BackupAgent architecture enables you to create multiple levels on your backup platform, a multi-tenant user management. This can be used for indirect sales through resellers. The hierarchic structure in our platform enables you to add autonomic groups.
- Application Plugins: BackupAgent contains plug-ins to integrate with common software that comprises user data. It facilitates for example the backup of Microsoft Outlook, Favorites.
- Third Party Integration: Provision your backup users through your own control panel or receive extended status reports in your IT management system. BackupAgent integrates seamless with third-party applications.
- Server Backup: BackupAgent makes backups of file servers (e.g. Linux, MS Windows SBS or MS Windows Server) as well as hot backups of MS Exchange Servers, MS SQL Servers, MySQL databases and NAS Servers. This makes it a complete solution for the backup of SMB offices.
The integration with WHMCS allows hosting service providers to connect BackupAgent's cloud backup platform seamlessly into their WHMCS installation for full automation.
What does the module do?
The module allows you to easily connect your existing customers to your online backup service; creating a super easy upsell service!
This module allows for full flexibility when provisioning backup accounts:
- You can assign backup accounts to any configured storage location, allowing you to define storage locations with separate SLAs.
- You can assign backup accounts to reseller accounts created in BackupAgent.
- You can either choose fixed generated usernames (with prefixes) or choose an entirely new one.
Where to get it?
The module is directly available for all hosting service providers in the SPLA partner program "Powered by BackupAgent" and running the WHMCS automation software. The module is free of charge and can be downloaded from BackupAgent's partner portal: http://www.backupagent.com/.
BackupAgent have a demo available to view at http://www.backupagent.com/product/product-demo and a free trial for users that feel that this would be a good addition to their WHMCS experience http://www.backupagent.com/product/free-trial