Bulk Pricing Updater Addon
(Redirected from Bulk Pricing Update Utility)
- Addon Name: Bulk Pricing Updater
- Latest Release: 5th September 2014
- Current Version: 3.0
- Compatible With: WHMCS V5.2.0 & Later
The Bulk Pricing Updater Addon utility can be used to apply system wide price changes to existing clients' product, addons and domains.
Questions & Answers
What does the addon do?
This addon allows you to make changes to your existing clients' product, addon and domain renewal prices based on a number of criteria including product, billing cycle, status, current price, addons, etc...
When should I use this?
You will need to use this addon any time you want to increase the pricing for your existing clients.
This is necessary because by default, changing the pricing of products, addons and domain TLDs in WHMCS does not cascade to existing clients. That is, existing customers always remain at the prices they were shown and agreed to at the time of placing an order.
How do I get it?
The module is included as standard in the WHMCS full release files.
This module already comes standard in WHMCS. Simply log in to your WHMCS admin area and navigate to Configuration () > System Settings > Addon Modules or, prior to WHMCS 8.0, Setup > Addon Modules. You will find the module "Bulk Pricing Updater" available to Activate.
Once activated, the addon can be accessed by navigating to Addons > Bulk Pricing Updater within your WHMCS admin area.
Don't See It?
If you do not see this option, ensure you have granted access to use it to your admin role group in Configuration () > System Settings > Addon Modules or, prior to WHMCS 8.0, Setup > Addon Modules.
Upon visiting the Addons > Bulk Pricing Updater page you will be guided through the process of performing a price update using a stepped wizard interface as shown below.
- Step 1 - Choose the type of item you wish to make a pricing update to - this is one of either Products/Services, Addons or Domains. In this example we are going to modify domain pricing, so we'll hit the Domains button.
- Step 2 - Specify the criteria for identifying the items you wish to change the pricing on
- The options available to you here will vary depending upon the type of item you have requested to update
- You will also be asked to provide either a New Price to assign matching items to, or an amount to Increase Existing Prices By. You should only ever specify one or the other of these - never both.
- Select the TLD(s) at the top you would like to change the price for by ticking the checkbox next to the specific TLD, remember, you may want to do each TLD individually if you are wanting to charge different prices for each.
- Next it's onto selecting the Billing Cycles you want to apply the change to. Don't make the mistake of selecting Annually or Biennially here, those are product billing cycles, instead you're looking for the "Domain" related terms which are a bit further down the list - Domain: 1 Year, Domain: 2 Years, etc... You will need to run an update for each pricing term you offer.
- Next select the statuses you want to apply the change to, just Pending and Active statuses are what we recommend as Expired and Cancelled domains won't be billed again
- Tick the appropriate Addon checkboxes; leaving all the tick boxes empty will update only the domains with no active addons. Ticking multiple options will perform an AND search.
- The next 2 fields are optional - they are currency and current price. If you run multiple currencies then you would need to do a separate update request for each currency, and if you have certain clients on older or special pricing, you can use the current price field to restrict a change to only users with a specific current price, thus allowing you to keep the users on different pricing
- Last, you enter the new recurring price in the field that you want to assign to the customers. Note: The new recurring price is inclusive of configurable options.
- Step 3 - Review - This step provides a summary of your criteria and the change that will be made and asks you to confirm everything is correct. If you're happy with the summary, click Perform Update to begin the changes.
- Once you proceed, the action cannot be undone, so be sure to check the proposed changes and criteria.
- Step 4 - Perform Update - The updates will be performed and the addon will tell you the number of items that were adjusted.
- Upon completion of an update, if you find it didn't apply to as many items as you had expected, you will be given the option to go back and refine your criteria further should you wish to edit the choices you made and try again.
You can repeat this process as many times as needed to cover all the different product and/or domain registration periods and domain addon combinations you wish to change.
The process for updating product pricing is almost exactly the same as updating the pricing for domains. The difference is that you will need to select the Product Names and Billing Cycles instead of TLDs and Registration Periods. The user interface you are presented with is shown below.
Version 3.0 - 5th September 2014
- Added support for performing updates based on Domain Addons
- Added support to perform price increases by a relative amount
- Redesigned interface for improved workflow
- Various other bug fixes
Version 2.0 - 25th September 2011
- Add Triennial support
- Add currency selection options
- Fixed Typo
Version 1.0 - 15th August 2009
- Initial Release