Bulk Pricing Updater Addon
(Redirected from Bulk Pricing Update Utility)
- Addon Name: Bulk Pricing Updater
- Latest Release: 20th November 2020
- Current Version: 3.0
- Compatible With: WHMCS V5.2.0 and later
You can use the Bulk Pricing Updater addon to apply system-wide price changes to existing clients' products, addons, and domains.
Questions and Answers
What does the addon do?
This addon allows you to make changes to your existing clients' product, addon, and domain renewal prices based on set criteria. This could, for example, include the product, billing cycle, status, current price, or addons.
When should I use this?
Use this addon whenever you want to increase pricing for existing clients.
By default, changes to the pricing of products, addons, and domain TLDs in WHMCS do not apply to existing clients. Existing clients will remain at the prices they agreed to at the time of placing an order.
How do I get it?
This addon ships with WHMCS by default.
Because this addon ships with WHMCS by default, you only need to activate the addon through the Admin Area.
To do this:
- Go to Configuration () > System Settings > Addon Modules or, prior to WHMCS 8.0, Setup > Addon Modules.
- Click Activate for Bulk Pricing Updater.
You must grant access to this feature to the appropriate admin role groups. To do this, go to Configuration () > System Settings > Addon Modules or, prior to WHMCS 8.0, Setup > Addon Modules.
You can access and use this addon by navigating to Addons > Bulk Pricing Updater and following the displayed instructions.
- The available options depend on the type of item you choose to update.
- You cannot provide a new price and an amount to increase existing prices. You must only choose one of these options.
- Unchecking all of the Addon checkboxes will only update domains with no active addons. Checking multiple options will perform an AND search.
- The new price will be inclusive of configurable options.
Updating Domain TLD Pricing
Once you proceed with an update, you cannot undo the action. Check your settings carefully.
To perform a pricing update:
- Go to Addons > Bulk Pricing Updater.
- Choose the type of item you wish to make a pricing update to.
- Specify the criteria for identifying the items you wish to change the pricing on by checking the corresponding TLD checkboxes.
- Select the statuses you want to apply the change to.
- We recommend only Pending, Pending Transfer, and Active statuses.
- Expired and Cancelled domains won't receive invoices again.
- Select the Registration Period you want to apply the change to (for example, one or two years). You will need to run an update for each pricing term you offer.
- If you only wish to change the price of domains with specific addons active, check the relevant Domain Addons checkboxes. This is useful for adjusting the price of the individual addons (for example, to increase the price of ID Protection, select the ID Protection checkbox).
- The currency and current price are optional. If you run multiple currencies then you would need to do a separate update request for each currency, and if you have certain clients on older or special pricing, you can use the current price field to restrict a change to only users with a specific current price, thus allowing you to keep the users on different pricing.
- The system will prompt you to provide either a New Price to assign matching items to, or an amount to Increase Existing Prices By. You should only ever specify one or the other of these (never both).
- Confirm that the displayed summary is correct. Once you proceed, you can't undo the action, so be sure to check the proposed changes and criteria.
The system will perform the update and the addon will tell you the number of items that the system adjusted. Upon completion of an update, if you find it didn't apply to as many items as you had expected, you can go back and refine your criteria further.
You can repeat this process as many times as needed to cover all the different product or domain registration periods and domain addon combinations you wish to change.
- When you select the TLDs to update pricing for, only select TLDs that will have the same price. You must perform this action separately for separate prices.
- When updating prices for domain TLDs, do not select Annually or Biennially. They are product billing cycles. You will need to run an update for each pricing term you offer.
- We recommend applying changes only to the Pending and Active statuses. Expired and Cancelled domains won't be billed again.
- If you use multiple currencies, perform a separate update for each currency.
- If you have clients on older or special pricing that you do not want to change, you can use the current price field to restrict a change to only users with a specific current price.
Version 3.0 - 5th September 2014
- Added support for performing updates based on Domain Addons
- Added support to perform price increases by a relative amount
- Redesigned interface for improved workflow
- Various other bug fixes
Version 2.0 - 25th September 2011
- Add Triennial support
- Add currency selection options
- Fixed Typo
Version 1.0 - 15th August 2009
- Initial Release