Bulk Pricing Updater Addon
(Redirected from Bulk Pricing Update Utility)
- Addon Name: Bulk Pricing Updater
- Latest Release: 20th November 2020
- Current Version: 3.0
- Compatible With: WHMCS V5.2.0 and later
You can use the Bulk Pricing Updater addon to apply system-wide price changes to existing clients' products, addons, and domains.
Questions and Answers
What does the addon do?
This addon allows you to make changes to your existing clients' product, addon, and domain renewal prices based on set criteria. This could, for example, include the product, billing cycle, status, current price, or addons.
When should I use this?
Use this addon whenever you want to increase pricing for existing clients.
By default, changes to the pricing of products, addons, and domain TLDs in WHMCS do not apply to existing clients. Existing clients will remain at the prices they agreed to at the time of placing an order.
How do I get it?
This addon ships with WHMCS by default.
Because this addon ships with WHMCS by default, you only need to activate the addon through the Admin Area.
To do this, navigate to Configuration () > System Settings > Addon Modules or, prior to WHMCS 8.0, Setup > Addon Modules. Then, click Activate for Bulk Pricing Updater.
You can access this addon by navigating to Addons > Bulk Pricing Updater.
If you do not see this in the list of addons, make sure that your admin role group has access to this feature. To add it, go to Configuration () > System Settings > Addon Modules or, prior to WHMCS 8.0, Setup > Addon Modules.
Follow the displayed instructions to perform price updates. You can repeat this process as many times as needed to cover all the different product or domain registration periods and domain addon combinations you wish to change.
Once you proceed with an update, you cannot undo the action. Check your settings carefully.
- The available options depend on the type of item you choose to update.
- You cannot provide a new price and an amount to increase existing prices. You must only choose one of these options.
- Unchecking all of the Addon checkboxes will only update domains with no active addons. Checking multiple options will perform an AND search.
- The new price will be inclusive of configurable options.
Updating Domain TLD Pricing
- When you select the TLDs to update pricing for, only select TLDs that will have the same price. You must perform this action separately for separate prices.
- When updating prices for domain TLDs, do not select Annually or Biennially. They are product billing cycles. You will need to run an update for each pricing term you offer.
- We recommend applying changes only to the Pending and Active statuses. Expired and Cancelled domains won't be billed again.
- If you use multiple currencies, perform a separate update for each currency.
- If you have clients on older or special pricing that you do not want to change, you can use the current price field to restrict a change to only users with a specific current price.
Version 3.0 - 5th September 2014
- Added support for performing updates based on Domain Addons
- Added support to perform price increases by a relative amount
- Redesigned interface for improved workflow
- Various other bug fixes
Version 2.0 - 25th September 2011
- Add Triennial support
- Add currency selection options
- Fixed Typo
Version 1.0 - 15th August 2009
- Initial Release