Bulk Pricing Updater
This page explains how to adjust the renewal prices for existing products, addons and domains using the Bulk Pricing Updater Tool.
Instructions for how to adjust the price for a single TLD can be found at Domain Pricing.
In WHMCS, to cascade changes in pricing to existing clients requires making use of the bulk pricing updater. In WHMCS it is easy to cascade your price changes out to existing clients using the Bulk Pricing Updater Tool.
1. Begin by navigating to Setup > Addon Modules
2. Locate and Activate the addon named Bulk Pricing Updater (it may already be active in which case you can skip this step)
4. Next navigate to Addons > Bulk Pricing Updater'. You will be presented with the interface below.
5. Begin by choosing the type of bulk pricing update you wish to perform. In this example we are going to modify domain pricing, so we'll hit the Domains button.
5. Next you'll be asked to set the criteria for the update.
- Select the TLD(s) at the top you would like to change the price for by ticking the checkbox next to the specific TLD, remember, you may want to do each TLD individually if you are wanting to charge different prices for each.
- Next it's onto selecting the Billing Cycles you want to apply the change to. Don't make the mistake of selecting Annually or Biennially here, those are product billing cycles, instead you're looking for the "Domain" related terms which are a bit further down the list - Domain: 1 Year, Domain: 2 Years, etc... You will need to run an update for each pricing term you offer.
- Next select the statuses you want to apply the change to, just Pending and Active statuses are what we recommend as Expired and Cancelled domains won't be billed again
- Tick the appropriate Addon checkboxes; leaving all the tick boxes empty will update only the domains with no active addons. Ticking multiple options will perform an AND search.
- The next 2 fields are optional - they are currency and current price. If you run multiple currencies then you would need to do a separate update request for each currency, and if you have certain clients on older or special pricing, you can use the current price field to restrict a change to only users with a specific current price, thus allowing you to keep the users on different pricing
Last, you enter the new recurring price in the field that you want to assign to the customers
6. The next step will show you a preview of the changes allowing you to confirm your selections before confirming and performing the change. If you're happy with the summary, click Perform Update to begin the changes.
The system will confirm success with a report something along the lines of the following:
You can repeat this process as many times as needed to cover all the different product and/or domain registration periods and domain addon combinations you wish to change.