EU VAT MOSS
Report Name: VAT MOSS Settlement Data Report for WHMCS
Release Date: 1st April 2015
Supported WHMCS Versions: 5.3+
On January 1st 2015, new rules came into effect regarding how VAT within the EU should be handled on the sale of most digital products and services. The rules created a system called the Mini One-Stop Shop (MOSS) for the declaration of VAT collected on these digital supplies. For more information, please refer to our previous blog article: New EU VAT rules from 1st January 2015
While the submission requirements and file formats vary by MOSS country of registration, ultimately the information required is the same. Our VAT MOSS report provides that information.
- The quarterly period the data relates to
- A list of all EU countries that supplies have been made to in that time
- The VAT rate charged for each
- The total value invoiced by country excluding VAT
- The total VAT tax charged and collected from those invoices
For more information, please refer to the blog article regarding the launch of this report: http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=99502
To download the report, visit the URL below.
Installing a report in WHMCS is simply a case of uploading it to the appropriate directory.
- Unzip this download
- Upload the vat_moss.php file to the **/modules/reports/** directory of your WHMCS installation
Once installed, you can access and use the report as follows.
- Login to your WHMCS Admin Area
- Navigate to Reports > Vat Moss
- Choose a Period to generate the report for
- Click the Generate Report button
Please check with your tax authority to confirm how you can upload your settlement data into the MOSS portal.
You should also contact your MOSS registration country if you have any further questions in relation to the MOSS return.