eWAY lets WHMCS users to accept online credit card payments easily and securely so they can grow their business fast. The Secure Fields solution allows merchants to securely and seamlessly process payments from their own website, without exposing the sensitive card data.
Further, the WHMCS integration takes advantage of Token Payments, allowing customers to securely store the card information within eWAY’s PCI DSS environment, and WHMCS uses the Token (which represent the saved card) to handle all future payments without the customer having to key in their details again.
|Type||One Time||Recurring||Refunds||3D Secure|
|Remote Update Card||Remote Delete Card||AddPayMethod API|
Adding the EWAY Payment Gateway
To set up the EWAY payment gateway in WHMCS:
- Go to the appropriate location for your version of WHMCS:
- Click EWAY.
- Check Show on Order Form to display this payment method in the Client Area during checkout.
- Create and enter your EWAY credentials:
- Create an eWay account.
- Log in to the MYeWAY Dashboard.
- Go to My Account > API Key.
- Copy and paste your API key and password into WHMCS. For information on setting up your API key and password, see the eWAY Knowledge base..
- Copy and paste your public API key (Pay Now Button Public API key) into WHMCS. For information on obtaining your Public API Key, see Finding my Public API Key
- Click Save Changes.
You can use test mode to simulate payment processing without actually causing a transaction to occur. This can be useful to test your configuration.
Migrating to eWAY from eWAY Rapid 3.1
The eWAY Rapid 3.1 module included in previous versions of WHMCS can be easily replaced with the eWAY module. If the WHMCS installation has existing tokens stored from the previous module, a button will be shown on the Payment Gateways configuration page to swiftly migrate the tokens to the new module.
- Obtain the Public API Key from eWAY (see above).
- Log in to the WHMCS Admin Area.
- Navigate to the Setup menu.
- Click on the Payments option, and then again on Payment gateways.
- Enter your administrator password if prompted.
- Click on the Manage Existing Gateways button and locate the eWAY Rapid Module.
- Click on the Migrate to eWAY Module button.
- Enter the Public API Key where prompted and press the Migrate button
- The page will save and reload showing the eWAY module is active and the eWAY Rapid Module disabled
- Update any configuration on the newly activated module as required.
Card Fields are Not Displayed
The Card Number, Expiry Date and CVV Number fields may not display on the shopping cart or the Manage Pay Methods page in the shopping cart, at Hello, User! > Payment Methods in the Client Area, or when you click Add Credit Card in the Summary tab in the client profile.
This indicates that eWAY is rejecting the eWAY API key in the configuration at Configuration () > System Settings > Payment Gateways. This might occur if you entered the API key incorrectly, it has expired, or eWAY revoked it.
To resolve the error, perform steps 4 and 5 from Adding the EWAY Payment Gateway above.