The email marketer tool allows you to schedule automated emails to be sent out to your clients when certain events and/or criteria are met. It can be accessed via Utilities > Email Marketer. Ways to use this tool are discussed in this blog post: https://blog.whmcs.com/?t=67270
Creating a New Marketing Rule
- On the Email Marketer page click the Create New link
- Begin by entering a name for the event - this is for internal use only,
- Select one of the two Type options:
- Selecting Client Related will allow the event filters to be specified based on an overview of the client's account as a whole
- Selecting Product/Service Related produces a list of filters based upon specific products/services, addons and even which products a client doesn't have.
- Beneath Criteria Options select the various criteria necessary for the marketing email to be sent and the email template to be sent when they are met. A more detailed explanation of the various options can be found below
- Tick Marketer Rule if this email should not be sent to clients who have opted out of marketing emails (if enabled in General Settings).
- Finally click Save Changes.
Now when the automation cron next runs the selected email template will be sent to any clients meeting the criteria you specified.
- Days Since Registration - The email will be sent x days after the client registered. The registration date is shown on their Summary tab.
- Minimum Number of Active Products/Services - The email will only be sent if the number of products/services the client has in active status are equal to or greater than this value. Useful for sending emails to your high value customers with a number of products.
- Maximum Number of Active Products/Services - The email will only be sent if the number of products/services the client has in active status are less than or equal to this value.
- Product/Service/Addon - The email will be sent if the client has this product/service/addon.
- Product/Service Status - The email will be sent if the service above is in the status selected here. Ctrl + Click to select multiple statuses.
- Number of Days & Days Filter Type - These two options are used together to determine when the email is sent, x days after ordering or x days before renewal.
- Does Not Have Product/Service - If the client does not have the product/service active selected here the email will be sent. This option is useful for upselling products, Ie. "You've got product x you might be interested in product y". This kind of personalised message can greatly increase conversion rates.
Selecting multiple items here will results in clients who do not have any one of the products selected will be sent the email.
- Does Not Have Addon - Similar to the above, the email will be sent if the client doesn't have this addon active, great for upselling Ie. "You've got product x so might be interested in these addons for it".
Disable a Marketing Rule
If you don't want the Marketing Rule to run but not delete it entirely it can be disabled. Click the Edit icon next to the Marketing Rule in question and tick the Disabled checkbox, then click Save Changes.
This Marketing Rule now will not send any email until manually enabled.