TRUSTe helps businesses promote online safety and trust, and guides consumers to sites that protect their online privacy. TRUSTe helps both consumers click with confidence and online companies promote their Web site privacy policies online. Thousands of Web sites rely on TRUSTe's privacy, including top-fifty sites like Yahoo, Facebook, MSN, eBay, AOL, Disney, Comcast and Apple.
The Ordering Process
To setup a TRUSTe product in WHMCS, simply follow the steps below:
- Begin by navigating to Setup > Products/Services and create a new group for your TRUSTe offerings
- Next proceed to create a new product, giving your product a name and setting the type to Other
- You can then configure a description, welcome email, pricing, etc... as normal for any product
- For Pricing, you can setup the products either as One Time items, so that they don't auto roll over in future years, or enter the prices in the recurring fields - Annually, Biennially & Triennially. You can just offer the Annual 1 Year option, or you can offer a choice of registration periods, that's really up to you.
- Then it's onto the Module Settings tab
- Begin by choosing Enomtruste from the module dropdown menu
- You'll then see a screen like the one below which asks you for your eNom Username & Password, let's you specify whether this product should include the TRUSTe Seal, and let's you specify the Number of Years the product should grant access to
- If you're using the Biennial & Triennial billing cycles on the Pricing tab then these will automatically override the Number of Years to 2 and 3 respectively when ordered
- Configurable options can also be setup to let the user choose if they want the Seal, and the Number of Years from within a single product should you wish, and for those you just need to use they keyword names of Seal and/or NumYears to have them override the appropriate Module Setting values
Note: Enom's API is IP Restricted so if you aren't yet using Enom for anything else in WHMCS, you will need to register your Server IP with them via ticket for them to allow it access to your account before the API connection will work.
The module create function of this module does not generate a username and password by design. Therefore the username/password fields will be blank under the client's Products/services tab.