Kayako is a leading help desk software, and so for those who need something a little more advanced than the support tools included in WHMCS, we have worked with Kayako to make possible integration between their software and WHMCS.
With Version 4, the new version of Kayako released in November 2010, we have created a loginshare module which allows your clients to login to Kayako using the same email address and password that they are registered with in your WHMCS system, without needing to re-register in your Kayako system.
- Login to your WHMCS admin area and navigate to General Settings > Support
- Select "Kayako" in the Support Module dropdown to activate the module
- Now login to the administration area of your Kayako system. Navigate to Settings > LoginShare
- Change the Enable external authentication for users option to Yes
- Set the LoginShare URL to the file at http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs/modules/support/kayako/loginshare.php
- Replace http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs/ with the URL to your WHMCS installation.
- Finally edit the Group permissions to use loginshare. This feature is located at under Templates - Groups > X (where x is the group name). By default there is only one called "default".
- Edit that group and change the Use LoginShare to authenticate users option to Yes
And that's all there is to it. As a final step, you would then just need to update the links in your custom WHMCS homepage and header template files to point to the Kayako system files.
Third Party Client Area Integration
There is also a full client area integration that has been created by a third party. As a result neither ourselves nor Kayako can provide any endorsement or support for it, but it is available and user feedback is generally positive. You can find out more details about it in Kayako's official addons directory:
For Kayako Version 3, there is a full client area integration which allows the built in support tools to be replaced by the Kayako equivalents for a seamless client area experience. The way this works is by displaying the Kayako content in place of where the WHMCS support content would normally appear.
Setting up Integration
To setup this integration, simply take a look at the /integrate/ folder of your Kayako SupportSuite or eSupport download (available from the Kayako members' area) package for the files and instructions.
If the /integrate/ folder and its files are not present, contact Kayako support and they should be able to provide you with the files you need.
Once you have edited and uploaded the files as described by the readme document found in the /integrate/ folder, you will need to activate the integration within WHMCS. Simply log into your admin area and go to General Settings > Support and choose Kayako from the Support Module dropdown menu.