Migrating Payment Gateways
From WHMCS Documentation
Sometimes, you may want to stop using one payment gateway and switch to another.
Migrate Payment Gateways
To do this:
- Enable and configure the new payment gateway module under Configuration () > System Settings > Payment Gateways or, prior to WHMCS 8.0, Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways.
- Deactivate the old module by clicking Deactivate. The system will prompt you to choose the payment gateway you wish to reassign all existing services and invoices to.
- Select the new payment gateway.
- Depending upon the type of payment gateway module you're switching to, perform one of the following steps:
- If you are switching between merchant gateways or third-party gateway modules, there is no third step and you are finished.
- If you are switching to a merchant gateway for the first time, the client will need to log in and enter their card details to the My Details page in the client area. The system will charge the card when the next invoice is due.
- If you are switching between tokenisation modules, the client will need to log in and pay their first invoice manually, which will store their card details on your processor's servers. The system will attempt subsequent payments automatically. Regrettably, there isn't a way for the migration to be done without client's intervention because the system requires their CVV number for the first payment.
- If you are switching from a merchant gateway to a tokenization gateway, typically clients will need to manually pay their next invoice via the client area. If you store card details or a token for the client, you may wish to delete them via the "Credit Card Information" link on each client's summary page beforehand.
- If you are switching from a merchant or tokenization gateway to a third party gateway, clients will need to manually pay their next invoice via the client area. If you store card details or a token for the client, you may wish to delete them via the Credit Card Information link in each client's Summary tab beforehand.