Mobile App: Connecting to WHMCS
From WHMCS Documentation
To use the WHMCS Mobile app with your WHMCS installation, you need to establish a connection profile using the steps below:
- Open the WHMCS Mobile application
- Upon the first launch, you will be automatically asked to create a new connection profile. Alternatively, navigate to Settings > Manage/Switch Profiles and click the New icon (+).
- Enter the profile details as follows:
- WHMCS Installation URL: should be the URL to the client area of your WHMCS installation - also the same as the System URL found in Setup > General Settings > General within the admin area.
- Admin Username: Enter the username you use to login to the web based admin panel
- Admin Password: Enter the password you use to login to the web based admin panel
- API Access Key: Enter your API Access Key or if this is the first time using an API Access key, create one using the steps below:
- Creating an API Access Key for the first time
- Open the configuration.php file found in your WHMCS installation directory using a text editor
- Add the following line to the end of the file:$api_access_key = "YOUR_API_ACCESS_KEY";
- Replace YOUR_API_ACCESS_KEY with a randomised series of letters and numbers.
- Acceptable Special Characters are:! @ # $ % . ( ) * [ ] - _
- Save changes to the configuration.php file and upload to your server
- Now enter the API Key you created in the field where requested
- Finally, click the Validate Credentials button to test the connection
Upon success, the connection profile will be created and saved and you will be redirected to the app dashboard.