|Update Nameservers||Update WHOIS||Get EPP Code||Register Nameservers|
|DNS Record Management||Email Forwarding||Domain Release||Domain Sync Script|
To activate and begin using the Nominet registrar module, follow the steps below:
- Login to your WHMCS Admin Area
- Navigate to Setup > Products/Services > Domain Registrars
- Locate Nominet in the list
- Click the Activate button
- Enter your Nominet API credentials
- Click Save Changes to complete the process
- Nominet's API is IP restricted.
- Therefore to use the Nominet API, you must first open a ticket with them and request they allow your server IP address access to use your Nominet account via the API.
- You can find the IP you need them to whitelist by navigating to Help > License Information within your WHMCS admin area.
WHMCS can be configured for testing purposes by ticking the "TestMode" option when configuring Nominet as the registrar. This will point all domain related requests to the test environment provided to you by Nominet.
WHMCS allows you to setup automatic domain registration on a per extension basis enabling you to use different registrars for different TLDs to give you the flexibility to offer more extensions and always get the best value. To enable automatic registration, please refer to Configuring Automatic Registration
Automatic Domain Synchronization
The Nominet module supports automatic domain synchronization for syncing of expiry dates and status changes for incoming transfers. To enable this functionality, you need to ensure you have the Domain Sync Enabled in Setup > General Settings > Domains and ensure you have the Domain Sync Cron configured on your system.
Unable to find the socket transport "ssl"
This error indicates SSL communication support is missing from the PHP build on your server. To resolve, you need to recompile PHP with OpenSSL included.
Command syntax error
Nominet are very particular about the formatting of client data, this error usually indicates a problem with the client's details under their Profile or Contacts tabs. The postcode should be formatted correctly (XX11 1XX) and the phone number formatted 01234 567891.
Error Connecting to ssl://epp.nominet.org.uk on port 700
This error indicates that either a firewall rule is blocking connections on port 700 or that your servers IP has not been authorized to access your account on the Nominet side of things.