PayPal Card Payments
About this Module
- We added this payment gateway in WHMCS 8.9.
- WHMCS includes several options for accepting payments through PayPal. For more information, see PayPal.
If you enabled the PayPal Payments modules while using the Beta release of WHMCS 8.9, you must relink the associated PayPal accounts after you upgrade to the Release Candidate version of WHMCS 8.9 or later. If you do not do this, you may experience problems.
PayPal Card Payments functions as a secondary option for the PayPal Payments module.
When you enable this module, it adds a separate option for credit and debit cards that displays without the PayPal Smart Button branding. However, PayPal requires that you display PayPal Smart Buttons (using the PayPal Payments module) alongside this unbranded option.
Adding the PayPal Card Payments Payment Gateway
To set up the PayPal Card Payments payment gateway in WHMCS:
- Activate and configure the PayPal Payments module. This module uses the PayPal account settings that you configure for PayPal Payments. You cannot configure this module without first activating PayPal Payments.
- Go to Configuration () > System Settings > Payment Gateways.
- Find the PayPal Card Payments module in the list of active gateways. By default, this module uses Pay with Cards as the display name here and in the Client Area.
- Check Show on Order Form to display this payment method in the Client Area during checkout.You cannot enable Show on Order Form for this module without first enabling Show on Order Form for the PayPal Payments module.
- Click Save Changes.
Using PayPal Card Payments
This module supports vaulting for vaulting-enabled PayPal merchant accounts. If your PayPal account supports vaulting, a Save for Future Use option will display while entering credit card details.
You can manage disputes for this module from within WHMCS at Billing > Disputes.
Payment Gateway Balances
You can view your PayPal merchant account balance directly within the WHMCS Admin Area at Billing > Transactions.