|Type||One Time||Recurring||Refunds||3D Secure|
|Remote Update Card||Remote Delete Card|
To activate and configure the Stripe SEPA module for use, follow the steps below.
- Begin by navigating to Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways
- Select the All Payment Gateways tab
- Locate Stripe SEPA and click to activate it
- Stripe SEPA uses API keys for authentication. Upon activation, you will be asked to enter the Secret and Publishable API Keys provided to you by Stripe. If you currently have the Stripe gateway configured you can check the box for "Use Stripe Configuration" to use the same API keys as the existing Stripe gateway without needing to enter them again. These can be found inside the Stripe portal at https://dashboard.stripe.com/account/apikeys
- Do not enter a value for the Webhook Endpoint Secret, it will be generated automatically.
- Customise the Display Name for the payment gateway as desired
- Customise the Statement Descriptor if desired (maximum of 22 characters)
- Click Save Changes to complete the setup process.
Stripe SEPA is now activated and ready for use.
Webhook Secret Key
The Stripe SEPA module requires a valid Webhook and Secret Key in order for payments to be recognised and automatically applied to invoices.
Should the Secret Key for the Webhook be modified at Stripe, this must be updated within the WHMCS Stripe SEPA module configuration.
Please note that only the EUR currency is supported by Stripe SEPA. For other currencies, the Stripe SEPA option won't appear when placing orders or paying invoices.
- Automated recurring and on-demand billing is supported.
- SEPA Direct Debit is a pull-based, reusable, and asynchronous payment method. This means that it can take up to 14 business days to confirm the success or failure of a payment after you initiate a debit from the customer’s account, though the average is five business days.. The invoice will be placed in Payment Pending until the payment has cleared.
- When making a payment, customers are able to select to use a previously stored bank account or enter a new one.
- Customers never leave your WHMCS installation during checkout or adding/removing a new bank account.
- Personal bank information is submitted directly to Stripe and is never stored in your local WHMCS installation.
- The Stripe API is used for refunds and obtaining transaction information.