Transferring Domains to a New Registrar
Domain prices change frequently. If one finds a chosen registrar's price is no longer competitive, it may be desirable to transfer existing domains to a different registrar without the client's knowledge. WHMCS can make the process easier, saving the need to log in to both provider's control panels:
- Navigate to Clients > Domain Registrations and select the domain in question.
- Uncheck the Registrar Lock checkbox and click Save Changes.
- ClickModify Contact Details.
- Change the registrant email address to your own and click Save Changes.
- Return to the client's Domains tab and click Get EPP Code.
- Note the onscreen EPP code.
- Select the new domain registrar from the Registrar menu.
- Click Transfer.
You should see a confirmation message stating the transfer initiated successfully. It is likely that the client's Domains tab will display an error message from the new registrar, but this will disappear once the transfer process is complete.
Once the transfer process is complete, click Modify Contact Details to change the registrant email address back to the client's own address.