Version 7.5.0 Release Notes
(Redirected from Version 7.5 Release Notes)
Release Type: General Availability
Release Date: 2nd April 2018
Distribution Types: Full and Via Automatic Updater
|Version||Release Type||Release Date|
|7.5.3||Maintenance||21st January 2019|
|7.5.2||Security Patch||17th July 2018|
|7.5.1||Maintenance||17th April 2018|
|7.5.0||General Availability||2nd April 2018|
|7.5.0||Release Candidate 1||8th March 2018|
|7.5.0||Beta 1||22nd February 2018|
Download the latest version of WHMCS from https://download.whmcs.com/
If you are running WHMCS 7.0 or later, you can use the built-in Automatic Update utility.
Simply navigate to Utilities > Update WHMCS to begin the process.
For more information about the Automatic Updater and troubleshooting please refer to the Automatic Updater documentation.
- Support for PHP 7.1 & 7.2 - WHMCS v7.5 and greater now supports PHP 7.1 and 7.2. Support is also still provided for PHP Versions 5.6 and 7.0. Because of this broad environment support, no immediate action is required to upgrade to WHMCS v7.5 other than having the latest Ioncube Loader 10.1. We have created a PHP 7 Migration Guide to guide you through the process of switching to PHP 7.1 or PHP 7.2 should you wish to do so.
- PHP Version Compatibility Utility - A new utility is being provided in WHMCS 7.5 to help you verify the compatibility of ionCube encoded files with different versions of PHP. Accessed via a new option found under Utilities > System, our PHP Version Compatibility Assessment Tool is designed to give you transparency for files that you may have deployed over the lifespan of your installation that appear to be ionCube encoded. Learn more in the documentation
- Domain Grace and Redemption Grace Periods Support - WHMCS now supports Domain Grace and Redemption Grace Periods for domains, along with the automatic applying of fees related to Grace and Redemption Periods. Learn more at in the documentation and our recent blog post
- Bulk TLD Pricing Management - New bulk management features have been added to make working with large numbers of extensions and TLDs easier. Found in the 'Setup > Products/Services > Domain Pricing page, a new Bulk Management panel allows you to make changes to domain pricing, grace period and redemption period settings for groups of TLDs at a time.
- Improved Domain Renewals Experience - WHMCS 7.5 includes changes to the client area domain renewal experience including a new unified page for ordering renewals via the shopping cart, live real-time cart preview, more informative and helpful information display, domain search for customers with lots of domains + new grace and redemption period information and pricing display.
- Staff Mentions - You can now mention other staff members using the familiar @mention syntax when creating client or ticket notes for those users to receive an email notification regarding your note. Learn more at Staff Mentions
- Competitive Upgrade for SSL - Competitive Upgrade allows customers with existing SSL certificates from qualifying competing vendors to purchase an SSL Certificate from you without losing any time. Learn more about this and how it works in the documentation here
- Password Generation for Provisioning - WHMCS v7.5 introduces a new default behaviour for the automatic generation of passwords for provisioning of new services. The default password complexity has been increased to consist of 14 characters, containing both lower and uppercase letters, numbers and symbols. If you wish to continue using the previous auto generated password format, you can do so by navigating to Setup > General Settings > Security and selecting the option Generate passwords containing a combination of letters and numbers only under the Auto Generated Password Format setting.
- Client Tickets Overview Tab - Quicker more convenient access to view a customers ticket history without leaving the client profile. Now available via the admin area client profile.
- Affiliate Referral Tracking - Get deeper insights into where your affiliate referral traffic is coming from, and see trends in the volume of traffic over time. Learn more at Affiliate Referral Tracking
- Admin Setup Dashboard - A new, faster and more convenient way to browse and find the setup or configuration option you're looking for. Simply click the Setup tab within the admin area to access the new dashboard which provides ability to search for setup pages and a setup checklist designed to help new users to the product get up and running more quickly.
- Changes to help you be ready for GDPR - Various new features and functionality has been added to help you be prepared for the new GDPR regulations which come into effect in May 2018. Learn more in our recent blog post
- Marketing Emails Consent - New functionality has been added that enables you to request your customers to opt-in or opt-out from marketing emails during checkout and registration. A new consent log will maintain a history of customers opt-in and opt-out requests, and new email template merge fields have also been made available to allow users to opt-in or opt-out at any time. Learn more at Marketing Emails Automation
- Data Retention Policy Automation - New functionality has been added to allow automatic enforcement of your client data retention policy. Learn more at Data Retention Policy Automation
- MarketConnect - SiteLock - The new SiteLock integration allows you to offer Website Security services to your customers that includes scanning, detection and automatic removal of malware from websites as well as WAF and CDN services. Learn more in our SiteLock Documentation and our recent blog post
- MarketConnect Upgrades - Upgrades are now supported for SpamExperts, Weebly and SiteLock MarketConnect services. This allows users to upgrade from one plan level to another higher plan level. The upgrade functionality can be accessed via Upgrade buttons located within the client area and is available for all MarketConnect services which have multiple levels of plan offering. Note that only upgrades are supported, not downgrades, and that upgrades must be to plans with an equal or longer billing cycle. For more information see the documentation
- MarketConnect SSL Landing Page Updates - WHMCS 7.5 introduces new promotional content to the SSL landing pages. It is important to apply all the template changes itemised in the changes below to ensure you have the latest promotional copy and new Competitive Upgrade SSL functionality.
- MarketConnect Cart Integration - Active MarketConnect product groups will now be shown within the Shopping Cart sidebar and the relevant landing pages will be displayed when those product groups are selected.
- MarketConnect - Dashboard Widget - A new dashboard widget provides an overview of active MarketConnect services and allows you to keep track of your available balance more easily.
- Attachments support in Ticket Related APIs - The API functions OpenTicket, AddTicketReply and AddTicketNote now support attachments. Learn how to use them in our API Reference Documentation
Deprecation & Removal Notices
- VentraIP - VentraIP, the domain registrar module for VentraIP Wholesale, has been updated to Synergy. Synergy Wholesale provides their latest integration on the WHMCS Marketplace, https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/3757. As a result, the module of the company's former integration will no longer be distributed or maintained in future WHMCS releases. This module will be removed from your WHMCS system if not in use upon upgrade to v7.5.0.
- Legacy Module Removal - During the v7.5.0 update, a one-time routine will inspect and attempt to remove legacy & deprecated modules. This will reduce the possibility of code incompatibility if you decide to update your environment in the near future. Removal will only occur if it is not actively in use. The Activity Log will have a list of any removals. As well, if removal is not performed and the module remains in your installation, an email will be generated for all full admins so that further investigation can be performed. Inspection will be performed for the following modules: Addons - fixed_invoice_data; Fraud - telesign, varilogix_fraudcall; Gateways - alertpay, bidpay, egold, eway, ewayuk, gocardless, googlecheckout, ideal, internetsecure, libertyreserve, myideal, openecho, payoffline, stormpay; Registrars - directi, dottk, netregistry, planetdomains, registerfly, resellerclubbeta, tppinternet, ventraip; Servers - castcontrol, dotnetpanel, enkompass, enomtruste, ensimx, fluidvm, plesk10, plesk8, plesk9, pleskreseller.
- Legacy File & Directory Removal - During the v7.5.0 update, a one-time routine will inspect and attempt to remove the following legacy file resources: admin/lang/adminlangupdate.php, includes/classes/, includes/whoisfunctions.php
The following new documentation pages are available:
- Domain Grace and Redemption Grace Periods
- Staff Mentions
- Marketing Emails Automation
- Data Retention Policy Automation
- SiteLock via WHMCS MarketConnect
- Admin Setup Tasks
- Affiliate Referral Tracking
- PHP Version Compatibility Assessment
- PHP 7 Migration Guide
For a list of changed files and graphical view of the exact changes, please refer to the Github repo's below.
The following link provides a comparison of changes between 7.4.2 and 7.5.2: https://github.com/WHMCS/templates-six/compare/v7.4.2-release.1...v7.5.2-release.1
Standard Cart Order Form
The following link provides a comparison of changes between 7.4.2 and 7.5.2: https://github.com/WHMCS/orderforms-standard_cart/compare/v7.4.2-release.1...v7.5.2-release.1