Version 7.5.0 Release Notes
(Redirected from Version 7.5 Release Notes)
Release Type: Release Candidaate
Release Date: 8th March 2018
Distribution Types: Full and Via Automatic Updater
|Version||Release Type||Release Date|
|7.5.0||Release Candidate 1||8th March 2018|
|7.5.0||Beta 1||22nd February 2018|
Download the latest version of WHMCS from https://download.whmcs.com/
If you are running WHMCS 7.0 or later, you can use the built-in Automatic Update utility.
Simply navigate to Utilities > Update WHMCS to begin the process.
For more information about the Automatic Updater and troubleshooting please refer to the Automatic Updater documentation.
- Support for PHP 7.1 & 7.2 - WHMCS v7.5 and greater now supports PHP 7.1 and 7.2. Support is still provided for security maintenance versions PHP 5.6 and 7.0. Because of this broad environment support, no immediate action is required to WHMCS v7.5 other than having the Ioncube Loader 10.1. If you wish to update your environment to PHP 7.1 or 7.2 following your update to v7.5, please ensure any customizations or integrations also support your target environment before making changes.
- Domain Grace and Redemption Grace Periods Support - WHMCS now supports Domain Grace and Redemption Grace Periods for domains, along with the automatic applying of fees related to Grace and Redemption Periods. Learn more at Domain Grace and Redemption Grace Periods
- Staff Mentions - You can now mention other staff members using the familiar @mention syntax when creating client or ticket notes for those users to receive an email notification regarding your note. Learn more at Staff Mentions
- Password Generation for Provisioning - WHMCS v7.5 introduces a new default behaviour for the automatic generation of passwords for provisioning of new services. The default password complexity has been increased to consist of 14 characters, containing both lower and uppercase letters, numbers and symbols. If you wish to continue using the previous auto generated password format, you can do so by navigating to Setup > General Settings > Security and selecting the option Generate passwords containing a combination of letters and numbers only under the Auto Generated Password Format setting.
- Client Tickets Overview Tab - Quicker more convenient access to view a customers ticket history without leaving the client profile.
- Affiliate Referral Tracking - Get deeper insights into where your affiliate referral traffic is coming from, and see trends in the volume of traffic over time. Learn more at Affiliate Referral Tracking
- Marketing Emails Consent - New functionality has been added that enables you to request your customers to opt-in or opt-out from marketing emails during checkout and registration. A new consent log will maintain a history of customers opt-in and opt-out requests, and new email template merge fields have also been made available to allow users to opt-in or opt-out at any time. Learn more at Marketing Emails Automation
- Data Retention Policy Automation - New functionality has been added to allow automatic enforcement of your client data retention policy. Learn more at Data Retention Policy Automation
- MarketConnect - SiteLock - The new SiteLock integration allows you to offer Website Security services to your customers that includes scanning, detection and automatic removal of malware from websites as well as WAF and CDN services. Learn more at SiteLock via WHMCS MarketConnect
- MarketConnect - Dashboard Widget - A new dashboard widget provides an overview of active MarketConnect services and allows you to keep track of your available balance more easily.
- Attachments support in Ticket Related APIs - The API functions OpenTicket, AddTicketReply and AddTicketNote now support attachments. Learn how to use them in our API Reference Documentation
Deprecation & Removal Notices
- VentraIP - VentraIP, the domain registrar module for VentraIP Wholesale, has been updated to Synergy. Synergy Wholesale provides their latest integration on the WHMCS Marketplace, https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/3757. As a result, the module of the company's former integration will no longer be distributed or maintained in future WHMCS releases. This module will be removed from your WHMCS system if not in use upon upgrade to v7.5.0.
- Legacy Module Removal - During the v7.5.0 update, a one-time routine will inspect and attempt to remove legacy & deprecated modules. This will reduce the possibility of code incompatibility if you decide to update your environment in the near future. Removal will only occur if it is not actively in use. The Activity Log will have a list of any removals. As well, if removal is not performed and the module remains in your installation, an email will be generated for all full admins so that further investigation can be performed. Inspection will be performed for the following modules: Addons - fixed_invoice_data; Fraud - telesign, varilogix_fraudcall; Gateways - alertpay, bidpay, egold, eway, ewayuk, gocardless, googlecheckout, ideal, internetsecure, libertyreserve, myideal, openecho, payoffline, stormpay; Registrars - directi, dottk, netregistry, planetdomains, registerfly, resellerclubbeta, tppinternet, ventraip; Servers - castcontrol, dotnetpanel, enkompass, enomtruste, ensimx, fluidvm, plesk10, plesk8, plesk9, pleskreseller.
The following new documentation pages are available:
- Domain Grace and Redemption Grace Periods
- Staff Mentions
- Marketing Emails Automation
- Data Retention Policy Automation
- SiteLock via WHMCS MarketConnect
- Admin Setup Tasks
- Affiliate Referral Tracking
For a list of changed files and graphical view of the exact changes, please refer to the Github repo's below.
The following link provides a comparison of changes between 7.4.2 and 7.5.0: https://github.com/WHMCS/templates-six/compare/v7.4.2-release.1...v7.5.0-rc.1
Standard Cart Order Form
The following link provides a comparison of changes between 7.4.2 and 7.5.0: https://github.com/WHMCS/orderforms-standard_cart/compare/v7.4.2-release.1...v7.5.0-rc.1