Version 8.0.0 Release Notes
Release Type: General Availability
Release Date: 28th Sep 2020
Distribution Types: Full and Via Automatic Updater
- 1 Version History
- 2 Download
- 3 Upgrade Process
- 4 Release Notes
- 5 Deprecation and Removal Notices
- 6 Library Updates
- 7 New Documentation
- 8 Template
- 9 Changelog
|8.0.0||Beta 1||4th Aug 2020|
|8.0.0||Beta 2 (Internal Build)||N/A|
|8.0.0||Beta 3||11th Aug 2020|
|8.0.0||Release Candidate 1||27th Aug 2020|
|8.0.0||Release Candidate 2||4th Sep 2020|
|8.0.0||Release Candidate 3||18th Sep 2020|
|8.0.0||General Availability 1||28th Sep 2020|
|8.0.1||Maintenance||2nd Oct 2020|
|8.0.2||Maintenance||6th Oct 2020|
|8.0.3||Maintenance||20th Oct 2020|
Download the latest version of WHMCS from https://download.whmcs.com/
WHMCS 8.0 and above requires PHP 7.2 or later. WHMCS 8.0 introduces support for PHP 7.4. Earlier versions of WHMCS do not support PHP 7.4.
Once you are running WHMCS 8.0, you can upgrade to PHP 7.4.
If you are running WHMCS 7.0 or later, you can use the built-in Automatic Update utility.
Go to Utilities > Update WHMCS to begin the process.
For more information about updating, please refer to the Automatic Updater documentation.
Updates from Beta 1
If you upgraded to WHMCS v8.0 Beta 1, you may experience problems retrieving the latest version of the software via the Automatic Updater. If updating directly from v7.10.2 or earlier, this issue will not apply.
To use the Automatic Updater to update from WHMCS v8.0 Beta 1, you must first apply a hotfix. For more information, see our forums.
Users and Client Accounts
WHMCS now supports accounts and users in a new end-user login management system. Accounts own services for a given entity. A single user can then manage multiple accounts.
New Admin Area Look
Admin Area Blend theme enhancements bring an updated look and better performance to the Admin Area. We've also added improved support for mobile devices and tablets.
Mail Deliverability Providers
Admin users can now easily configure email sending from one of several new mail providers. Currently, this includes SparkPost, SendGrid, and Mailgun. Using them enhances your email deliverability and security.
The new Email Campaigns tool has replaced the Mass Mail Tool. The new features include scheduling and saving drafts of your email campaigns, and adding styling.
Improved IDN Support
Sell a broader range of domain names with full International Domain Name support. Enom and ResellerClub support automatic IDN registration, and you'll benefit from robust IDN validation and usability improvements.
OAuth2 for SMTP
To facilitate moving away from password-based authentication, OAuth2 is now fully supported. Google is already available, and we plan to add more providers in the future.
Improved Currency Support
WHMCS now supports up to three decimal places in tax rates and currency values up to 99 trillion.
OX App Suite from Open-Xchange
MarketConnect now includes OX App Suite from Open-Xchange. OX App Suite provides an easy-to-use email and communications platform with many features and capabilities.
Deprecation and Removal Notices
Removed Legacy PHP Support
Product support for the legacy PHP 5.6, 7.0, and 7.1 environments is removed. To install or upgrade, you must run PHP 7.2 or higher.
Removed PHP Extensions Requirement
The IMAP extension is no longer required. The GD extension is no longer required for some features, but is still required for WHMCS as a whole.
Deprecated v4 Theme
The v4 theme for the Admin Area is deprecated. If no admin accounts currently use this theme, upgrading will delete it. If the theme is in use, it will remain available for selection. However, admins who are assigned to this theme will move to Blend when you upgrade.
AutoAuth was announced as deprecated in WHMCS version 7.10, including an option to enable or disable the feature. When you upgrade, the feature is disabled regardless of its previous value. We will remove AutoAuth in WHMCS version 8.1.
Removed Boxes and Modern Templates
The Boxes and Modern templates have been removed.
If products or groups use one of these, upgrading selects a new template that emulates the deprecated template. The system assigns the new template to everything that previously used the deprecated template. Newly-created child templates are based on the Standard template.
This upgrade will not touch custom themes.
We have removed the PayMate.au, PayMate.nz, GameCP, MediaCP, and Kayako LoginShare modules.
Removed Legacy Files
We have removed whois.php from the Client Area file set. The pipe directory was deprecated and has been removed. Use crons/pipe.php instead.
The following libraries have been updated or removed:
- abraham/twitteroauth: 0.7.4 to 1.1.0
- composer/composer: 1.0.3 to 1.10.6
- ezyang/htmlpurifier: 4.9.2 to 4.12.0
- filp/whoops: 2.1.8 to 2.7.2
- firebase/php-jwt: 3.0.0 to 5.2.0
- google/apiclient: v2.1.3 to 2.7.0
- google/auth: 0.9.0 to 1.11.0
- guzzlehttp/guzzle: 5.3.3 to 7.0.1
- illuminate/console: 5.2.37 to 7.12.0
- illuminate/container: 5.2.37 to 7.12.0
- illuminate/contracts: 5.2.45 to 7.12.0
- illuminate/database: 5.2.37 to 7.12.0
- illuminate/events: 5.2.37 to 7.12.0
- illuminate/support: 5.2.37 to 7.12.0
- illuminate/validation: 5.2.45 to 7.12.0
- knplabs/knp-menu: 2.1.1 to 3.1.1
- laminas/laminas-diactoros: Added 2.3.1
- laminas/laminas-httphandlerrunner: Added 1.2.0
- league/climate: 3.2.1 to 3.5.2
- league/flysystem: 1.0.45 to 1.0.67
- league/oauth2-client: added 2.5.0
- league/oauth2-google: added 3.0.3
- monolog/monolog: 1.18.2 to 2.0.2
- nikic/fast-route: 1.2.0 to 1.3.0
- php-imap/php-imap: 2.0.9 to 3.1.0
- phpmyadmin/sql-parser: 4.2.4 to 5.3.1
- phpmyadmin/phpmailer: 6.0.7 to 6.1.5
- phpseclib/mcrypt_compat: 1.0.5 to 1.0.11
- phpseclib/phpseclib: 2.0.10 to 2.0.27
- punic/punic: 1.6.3 to 3.5.1
- ramsey/uuid: 3.4.1 to 4.0.1
- react/promise: 2.5.1 to 2.8.0
- seld/jsonlint: 1.6.1 to 1.8.0
- seld/phar-utils: 1.0.1 to 1.1.0
- smarty/smarty: 3.1.33 to 3.1.36
- stripe/stripe-php: 6.43.1 to 7.34.0
- symfony/polyfill-ctype: Added 1.18.1
- symfony/polyfill-iconv: 1.2.0 to 1.18.1
- symfony/polyfill-intl-idn: Added 1.18.1
- symfony/polyfill-mbstring: 1.3.0 to 1.18.1
- symfony/polyfill-php72: Added 1.18.1
- symfony/polyfill-php73: Added 1.18.1
- tecnickcom/tcpdf: 6.2.26 to 6.3.5
- zbateson/stream-decorators: Added 1.0.3
The following new documentation pages are available:
- Email Campaigns
- Mail Providers
- Configuring Mail Providers
- Users And Accounts
- Email Sending Issues (Updated)
- Sign-In Integrations (Updated)
- Product Groups (Updated)
- Products and Services (Updated)
- Mail Providers Developer Documentation
- Domain Registrars Developer Documentation (Updated)
- GetTicket Developer Documentation (Updated)
- GetTickets Developer Documentation (Updated)
For a list of changed files and a graphical view of the exact changes, please refer to the Github repo's below.
The following link provides a comparison of changes between 7.10.2 and 8.0: https://github.com/WHMCS/templates-six/compare/v7.10.2-release.1...v8.0.3-release.1
Standard Cart Order Form
The following link provides a comparison of changes between 7.10.2 and 8.0: https://github.com/WHMCS/orderforms-standard_cart/compare/v7.10.2-release.1...v8.0.3-release.1