|Update Nameservers||Update WHOIS||Get EPP Code||Register Nameservers|
|DNS Record Management||Email Forwarding||Domain Release||Domain Sync Script|
To activate and begin using the WebNIC registrar module, follow the steps below:
- Login to your WHMCS Admin Area
- Navigate to Setup > Products/Services > Domain Registrars
- Locate Webnic in the list
- Click the Activate button
- Enter your Webnic API credentials
- Click Save Changes to complete the process
- WebNIC's API is IP restricted.
- Therefore to use the WebNIC API, you must first request they allow your server IP address access to use your WebNIC account via the API.
- To do this first login to the WebNIC Reseller Panel, navigate to System Manager > System Settings > Reseller IP Management, specify the server IP address where WHMCS is installed.
- You can find the IP you need them to whitelist by navigating to Help > License Information within your WHMCS admin area.
The Test Mode checkbox determines whether WHMCS connects to the production server of the OTE test server. This enables you to test functionality without actually registering domains names.
- If the check box ticked, you are in the WebNIC test mode now. With any domain registration orders placed in WHMCS onwards, the domains will be only registered on your demo WebNIC account. No domain will actually be registered in the production WebNIC account and thus you will not be charged.
- If the check box unticked, you are now connecting to the WebNIC production mode. With an order placed, it will be considered a real deal and it will update in the production WebNIC database.
WHMCS allows you to setup automatic domain registration on a per extension basis enabling you to use different registrars for different TLDs to give you the flexibility to offer more extensions and always get the best value. To enable automatic registration, please refer to Configuring Automatic Registration
The following are error messages that may be displayed during API submission process. Each message explains the event that causes or during which the error message is displayed.
IP Address prohibited
This error message indicates that the IP address of the server where WHMCS is installed which used to connect to WebNIC API server is not added in your reseller account.
Kindly login into the WebNIC reseller panel and add the particular IP into your reseller account. The IP address is usually able be found from the IP your WHMCS is assigned to.
Partner authentication failure
This error message indicates the login details you have input in Setup > Domain Registrars for the WebNIC module are incorrect.
Make sure you have input the correct source (WebNIC partner ID and API password) of Reseller login details. If you’ve forgotten your partner ID and password, please seek assistance from WebNIC support.
2 IP authentication fail
In order to use the WebNIC API, you must first contact them and let them know the server IP address where you will be connecting from (the server IP address where you have WHMCS installed). This is part of WebNIC's security measures to prevent unauthorised users being able to submit registration requests to your account.