|Update Nameservers||Update WHOIS||Get EPP Code||Register Nameservers|
|DNS Record Management||Email Forwarding||Domain Release||Domain Sync Script|
To enable the WebNIC Registrar integration in WHMCS, the following guideline explains how to determine and configure each of its basic to success the integration.
- First, login to the WebNIC Reseller Panel,
- Click System Manager > System Settings > Reseller IP Management criteria, designate and specify the server IP address where WHMCS is installed to authorize you to process your registration and activities through our API Service. There are up to a maximum of 5 IP addresses as a valid IP address is allowed.
- Now, login to your WHMCS and then go to Setup > Products/Services > Domain Registrars.
- Choose WebNIC in the registrar dropdown menu and click on the configurable options to input the reseller login details such as Source and API Password.
- Then, click Save Changes.
- WHMCS will now be able to integrate with WEBNIC API service using the reseller account credential for domain name registration service and self-service administration.
If you’ve forgotten your API password or are receiving the message Wrong logon name or password. Please try again, kindly send a mail to WebNIC support for a password reset.
The Test Mode checkbox determines whether WHMCS connects to the production server of the OTE test server. This enables you to test functionality without actually registering domains names.
- If the check box ticked, you are in the WebNIC test mode now. With any domain registration orders placed in WHMCS onwards, the domains will be only registered on your demo WebNIC account. No domain will actually be registered in the production WebNIC account and thus you will not be charged.
- If the check box unticked, you are now connecting to the WebNIC production mode. With an order placed, it will be considered a real deal and it will update in the production WebNIC database.
The following are error messages that may be displayed during API submission process. Each message explains the event that causes or during which the error message is displayed.
IP Address prohibited
This error message indicates that the IP address of the server where WHMCS is installed which used to connect to WebNIC API server is not added in your reseller account.
Kindly login into the WebNIC reseller panel and add the particular IP into your reseller account. The IP address is usually able be found from the IP your WHMCS is assigned to.
Partner authentication failure
This error message indicates the login details you have input in Setup > Domain Registrars for the WebNIC module are incorrect.
Make sure you have input the correct source (WebNIC partner ID and API password) of Reseller login details. If you’ve forgotten your partner ID and password, please seek assistance from WebNIC support.
2 IP authentication fail
In order to use the WebNIC API, you must first contact them and let them know the server IP address where you will be connecting from (the server IP address where you have WHMCS installed). This is part of WebNIC's security measures to prevent unauthorised users being able to submit registration requests to your account.