Support Departments are the categories for tickets. The first step in the user ticket submission process is to choose their department. Different staff can be assigned to different departments so you can have the different areas handled by different people if required. Common departments are Sales, Support, Billing etc... More information on the Support Ticket system can be found at Support Tickets
- To setup departments, go to Setup > Support > Support Departments and click Add New Department.
- When creating a department you can enter a name and description to display to users. The email address will be used to send notifications relating to the ticket to clients and should be unique for each department..
- The Clients Only option defines if it's a clients only department thereby requiring a login to submit there - for example Sales would be a public department while Support might be set to clients only.
- The Pipe Replies Only option requires clients to login to the client area to open new tickets, attempts to open new tickets via email will not be successful. Tickets can still be responded to via email.
- You can also setup if no auto responder email should be sent when a new ticket is opened and whether it's hidden or visible; hidden departments can only be accessed via a direct link.
- The Feedback Request option defines whether or not an email request will be sent for a user to provide feedback for their support ticket experience. The results of the feedback emails can be reviewed via the Ticket Feedback Scores and Ticket Feedback Comments reports.
- After creating a department, you need to assign yourself and other staff to it as appropriate in Setup > Staff Management > Administrators by editing the staff profile before you will be able to access that department in Support > Support Tickets
- For staff to receive email notifications of new tickets and client responses in a particular department, tick the Enable Ticket Notifications checkbox on the aforementioned page. Ticket attachments will not be emailed to staff.
- In order to have emails from users automatically import into the ticket system as tickets, you need to configure Email Piping.
Once a department has been created it is possible to create Custom Fields to be asked for during ticket submission. Click the Edit icon next to the department and then the Custom Fields tab.
Assigning Staff to a Department
After creating a department, you need to assign yourself and other staff to it as appropriate, this enables you to define which staff can see certain messages. So for example you can have dedicated billing staff who can only see tickets in the billing department.
Navigate to Setup > Administrators and edit the staff profiles, tick the appropriate department checkbox to enable them to access that department in Support > Support Tickets.
Emails from users can be configured to automatically import into the ticket system as tickets, this is called Email Piping, please refer to the Email Piping documentation for configuration instructions.