Version 7.2 Release Notes
Release Type: General Release
Release Date: 16th May 2017
Distribution Types: Full and Via Automatic Updater
|Version||Release Type||Release Date|
|7.2.0||Beta 1||11th April 2017|
|7.2.0||Beta 2||20th April 2017|
|7.2.0||Beta 3||27th April 2017|
|7.2.0||Release Candidate 1||5th May 2017|
|7.2.0||GA||16th May 2017|
|7.2.1||GA||16th May 2017|
|7.2.2||Maintenance||31st May 2017|
|7.2.3||Maintenance||18th July 2017|
Download the latest version of WHMCS from https://download.whmcs.com/
If you are running WHMCS 7.0 or later, you can use the built-in Automatic Update utility.
Simply navigate to Utilities > Update WHMCS to begin the process.
For more information about the Automatic Updater and troubleshooting please refer to http://docs.whmcs.com/Automatic_Updater
- WHMCS MarketConnect - As described in our recent blog post, WHMCS MarketConnect is a platform through which you can resell products and services to your customers via your WHMCS installation. WHMCS 7.2 brings end-to-end service & product provisioning and merchandising through WHMCS MarketConnect from Symantec, Weebly, and SpamExperts.
- Modules for Product Addons - Product add-ons can now leverage modules for automatic provisioning and management. This change gives product add-ons much greater power and flexibility and allows you to offer everything you currently offer as a product as an add-on. Please note some changes may be required to 3rd party add-on modules for full compatibility with product add-ons (see notes below).
- Client Area Domain Extension Pricing - A new TLD Pricing page has been introduced. It has been incorporated into the order & cart process for optimal conversion and workflow. The template changes to render this pricing, as well as spotlighting & promotions, can be found in the Standard Cart order form "domainregister.tpl" template file.
- SlimPay Direct Debit Module - SlimPay allows you to process orders using the bank pull based system of direct debit payments. Direct debit is not an instant payment service. Payments can take up to a few days to clear and fully complete processing. When payment is initiated for an invoice via this payment method, the invoice will display a "Payment Pending" status until the payment has cleared. No automated provisioning actions will be performed until that time unless you enable the Instant Activation for New Orders option.
- Automated PayPal Dispute Handling - New routines have been introduced that can revert the actions of an invoice payment. PayPal callback notifications relating to payment disputes and chargebacks will trigger these actions automatically, but the functionality has also been exposed via the admin interface when performing a manual refund of a transaction. Actions performed include setting the invoice status to Collections and suspending any products, services and add-ons related to the payment. Admins will also receive an email notification to allow them to take any further actions they desire.
- Duplicate Transaction ID for Invoice Payments - Admins can now add a payment to an invoice itemizing a previously recorded transaction ID. A confirmation dialog will be presented in the event that it is a duplicate transaction ID. Duplicate transaction IDs may lead to incongruous records detrimental to automated workflows and auditing. In most cases one can craft an alternative systematic identifier scheme that provides uniqueness yet accommodates business needs
- What's New Feature Highlights - Upon the first login after update to a new feature release, the What's New screen will be shown to an admin user. It will provide a brief list of the key features in that release, each with their own links to learn more or explore the new features within the product. The What's New screen can be dismissed for the current login session or until the next update. The What's New popup can be accessed at any time via the Help > What's New menu item.
- Admin Reports Access Controls - Admins can now assign individual report access to their staff Admin roles. When editing an Admin role, select the new Restrict Access option under Report Access Control and the configuration page will expand to show all available reports. Simply select the appropriate reports for that Admin role and click save.
- API Credentials - Admin users that have the API access permission can now be provided one or more API Credential identifier & secret pairs for authenticating their API calls. This allows for better management and security for provisioning access to API connected devices and systems.
- New Hooks: AuthAdmin and AuthAdminApi - First-factor Admin login form and API credential validation can be directed to a system of your choice by these two respective hook points. Please take extreme care to utilize the very best cryptographic, coding, and testing practices when leveraging one of these hook points; they take full ownership of credential validation during the authentication process for administrative access to your WHMCS
- Provisioning Modules for Product Add-ons - Product add-ons can now leverage modules for automatic provisioning and management. However if your module uses custom fields some changes may be required for full compatibility with product add-ons. Please refer to Provisioning Modules and Addons Developer Migration Guide
- Improved Error Management - A stylized error page, with a 500 HTTP status code, is now rendered when the WHMCS encounters an unexpected error or cannot process the current request. A template file is provided for customization in your own theme and will be used when possible. More error management options have been implemented to facilitate investigation while having minimal impact on the client experience.
- SSL Certificates via WHMCS MarketConnect
- Weebly via WHMCS MarketConnect
- SpamExperts via WHMCS MarketConnect
- Domain Pricing Matrix
- Payment Reversals
- Service Properties
- Provisioning Modules and Addons Developer Migration Guide
- API Authentication Credentials
- Reports Access Control
- Error Management
- Friendly URLs
For a list of changed files and graphical view of the exact changes, please refer to the Github repo's below.
The following link provides a comparison of changes between 7.1.2 and 7.2.0/7.2.1: https://github.com/WHMCS/templates-six/compare/v7.1.2-release.1...v7.2.0-release.1
Standard Cart Order Form
The following link provides a comparison of changes between 7.1.2 and 7.2.0/7.2.1: https://github.com/WHMCS/orderforms-standard_cart/compare/v7.1.2-release.1...v7.2.0-release.1